Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The new beast ... s

Yesterday I unpacked another new member of my life: My brand new Nikon.

Gee she's a beauty. Takes some darling shots and comes with all the essentials. Just picking the little (well ... light ... for a dslr) thing makes my face break out into smiles. Needless to say, I got started immediately checking out what the different lenses do, how the interface works, what kinds of shots I can get ... and taking pictures of my other new housemate, Sonka the dog.

So without any further ado, some candid shots from yesterday.

Sonka was not very interested in the camera. After a few obligatory sniffs, he decided he would rather lay by the edge of the balcony and watch the goings on of the street behind us. Getting his attention proved difficult, as he has learned to ignore our little idiosyncrasies.

Only a few shots in, I learned how difficult it is to photograph a black dog. Even in direct sunlight, the dog looked like a blob. Either that or he looked great and the background was completely wiped out. We worked some angles to try to get it right. Either way, the background had to take a little bit of a hit. This is especially seen below.
What do you mean blow-out? Pssshhh. Oh camera, I shall master you!

Model: Sonka the Wonder Dog, a husky-shepherd mix

Location: Northern Cincinnati, OH

No comments: